Bangladesh Gas Fields Limited Site Visit March 2016
L-R: Tom Weinstock, Andrew Fooks and Sr. Wellsite Supervisor Bradly Blayone on Titas #25 Well Location
Andrew Fooks, Executive Director & General Manager South East Asia (SSW) and Tom Weinstock, Drilling Engineering Manager, recently visited the ongoing Bangladesh Gas Fields Limited 2015 – 2016 Campaign.
AWT has been contracted to support BGFCL to carry out drilling of 4 more new wells at Titas Gas Field under the Long-Term Gas Production Plan.
Drilling of two new appraisal-cum development wells and installation of one gas process plant has been planned at the southern part of Sarail Upazila and another two wells and installation of one gas process plant at the northern part of Sadar Upazila.
AWT has been tasked to provide the gas seepage control team and the drilling management team for the development of Titas gas field.
AWT’s work scope in this project involves:
- Managing the drilling of Titas well #23, 24, 25 and 26.
- Managing the completions of Titas well #23, 24, 25 and 26.
- Acting on behalf of BGFCL with service contractors.
- Completing the relevant paperwork as required for the drilling and completions of the new wells.
- Managing the intervention program and recognising the requirements to control the gas seepage and well control requirements for Titas well #1, 2, 5, 10 and 11.
- Providing the process facilities review and managing the installation.
L-R: Tom Weinstock and Case Hodemakers, AWT’s Senior Wellsite Supervisor at the Titas #11 Well Intervention Location.
Titas # 11 is the first of five interventions in the program. The rig and services are provided by BAPEX.
Titas #25 currently is testing prior to entering the completion phase.
The Major Service Provider is Sinopec who provides all services related to the drilling and completion of the new drilled wells.
The AWT Team supporting these programs consists of the Sr. Wellsite Supervisor and a Petroleum Engineer for the five Interventions. For the four Development Wells we provide the Drilling Supervisor(s), Petroleum Geologist, and Petroleum Engineer as well as a Facilities Engineer for tie in of the wells to the grid.
This project is another example of NauticAWT’s ability to work in challenging environments, with multi-cultural service providers and clients.